Your feedback is important to us in order to get an idea of how to make better product for you. If you have ideas for new features or a better way of doing something, questions, bug reports, please do not hesitate to drop us a note at email@example.com or fill this form.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is Alkitab Bible Study ?
- How do I install additional Bible translations or books ?
- How do I perform advanced search ?
- How do I search for strongs ?
- How do I enable localization ?
- Where can I download the Indonesian Language (Perjanjian Lama dan Baru) ?
It is a cross platform, open source Bible software program featuring a rich and user friendly GUI. The interface supports: parallel views, commentaries, lexicons, dictionaries, glossaries, and daily devotions. It also comes with a powerful search capability. Alkitab is based on the NetBeans Platform and JSword CrossWire library.
Side note: Alkitab is an Indonesian word for Christian Holy Bible.
You can download additional Bible translations, books, dictionaries, lexicons, daily devotions, and other resources from CrossWire Module Add-ins (one of the largest collections available).
It is recommended to choose the Raw ZIP format and follow the instructions below.
Note: the Raw ZIP format will work on all supported operating systems.
Step to install:
- Download the Raw ZIP format from CrossWire Module Add-ins
- Open Alkitab Bible Study
- Goto Menu - Tools - Book Installer
- In the Source Field navigate (browse) into the folder which you download the book (Raw ZIP)
- Select the Destination location to install the book
- Click Install button
Alternatively you could install book using the following:
- For Windows: extract the downloaded zip file and run the setup.exe
For Raw ZIP: extract the downloaded zip file, then copy/move the following
- mods.d folder
- modules folder
into the folder of your choice. Preferred location is [HOME-FOLDER]/.sword
note: single folder could contains many books, you do not need to use multiple folders for multiple books
- Open Alkitab, go to Menu - Tools - Options
- Go to Path tab, make sure the folder where you put the books is listed there eg:
- C:\Program Files\CrossWire\The SWORD Project
- [HOME-FOLDER]\.sword (C:\Document and Settings\[YOUR-NAME]\.sword)
- If not listed, just add the folder in the Additional Book Path by click the + (plus) button
- Restart Alkitab (close and open)
- You can use || to join phrases, for example "
balaam || balak" finds passages containing Balak OR Balaam
- Using && requires both words, e.g. "
aaron && moses" finds passages containing both Aaron AND Moses
- Using a ! removes words from the result e.g. "
lord ! jesus" is passages containing Lord BUT NOT Jesus
- Using ~2 widens the passage by 2 verses either side on any match. So "
amminadab ~1 perez" finds verses containting Amminadab within 1 verse of mention of Perez.
- Using +[Gen-Exo] at the beginning will restrict a search to that range of verses.
You can search for strongs using the following syntax:
strong:hxxx eg: strong:h430 (for Hebrew)
strong:gxxx eg: strong:g2424 (for Greek)
Note: Strongs search requires Bible translation that have strongs info eg: KJV
The language localization can be enabled by appending --locale language[:country[:variant]]
to the startup command.
--locale in (for Indonesian Locale)
--locale fa (for Farsi Locale)
--locale vi (for Vietnamese Locale)
You can set this by supplying the command line parameter eg:
- (Unix/Linux) [install-folder]/bin/alkitab --locale in
Or you can set this on the [install-folder]/etc/alkitab.conf under default_options eg:
default_options="--branding alkitab -J-Xms64m .... --locale in"
Or you can change the desktop shortcut (Windows) by appending the locale:
- right click on the shortcut choose properties
- on the shortcut tab and target field append the locale command at the end
eg: "C:\Program Files\Kiyut\Alkitab-x_x\bin\alkitab.exe" --locale in
Note: This is not Bible translation, it is only a UI Localization. Currently Alkitab Bible Study have English (en), Indonesian (in), Farsi (fa), and Vietnamese (vi) locale.
Unfortunately, we do not have the permission to distribute Indonesian Bible Translations (Terjemahan Lama, Terjemahan Baru, Bahasa Indonesia Sehari-hari). We are not an affiliate with Lembaga Alkitab Indonesia (LAI), the copyright owner of Indonesia Bible Translations (Terjemahan Lama, Terjemahan Baru, Bahasa Indonesia Sehari-hari). If you are interested in those translations as Sword Module, please contact Lembaga Alkitab Indonesia (LAI) directly.
Alternatively, you can download SABDA© (Software Alkitab, Biblika Dan Alat-alat) for Indonesian Bible. It has 9 Indonesian Modern Bibles, 5 Melayu/Indo Kuno pra 1945 Bibles, 5 Greek Bibles, 3 Hebrew Bibles, 11 English Bibles, and much more ...